Helpdesk Baruch College

Just how Do You Stop Microsoft Word from Automatically Selecting More Text than Desired?

Most of the time, Microsoft Word works flawlessly and also makes our work a lot easier to do, however there are times when a certain integrated “feature” acts as a consistent resource of frustration as opposed to being practical. Today’s SuperUser Q&An article has a fast and easy remedy to help a visitor disable a bothersome function.

Today’s Question & Answer session comes to us thanks to SuperUser– a class of Stack Exchange, a community-driven collection of Q&An internet site.

The Question

SuperUser viewers Dave Chen wants to know just how to stop Microsoft Word from immediately selecting more text than is wanted:

I would love to just pick ( ¬ Q) without Microsoft Word selecting both braces (see picture below).

I know that if I relocate the cursor back to the very same placement, after that Microsoft Word will certainly pick the message correctly, but it is irritating to need to do that every time. Exists a setting that will allow me to disable automated message choice?

How do you quit Microsoft Word from automatically choosing even more text than is preferred?

The Answer

SuperUser contributor Aganju has the solution for us:

Go to File, Options, after that Advanced. Look for the choice When choose, automatically select entire word (it is enabled by default). You can disable the ‘feature’ by deselecting it (checkbox).

Have something to add to the description? Sound off in the comments. Wish to find out more responses from other tech-savvy Stack Exchange individuals? Check out the full discussion thread below.

Exit mobile version