Helpdesk Baruch College

ThinkFree Online

I have actually decided to try out the numerous choices to M$ Office that are around. Although I do think M$ Office 2007 is quite an improvement to 2003, it is always awesome as well as geeky to take a look at whatever. Today I am going to cover ThinkFree Online which declares to be “The Best Online Office On Earth”. Well … let’s see. Here I am just going to experience producing a brand-new “Word” record.

After creating your free account you will certainly have a dashboard kind start display where you choose what kind of document you want to develop. You can pick from Word, Excel, and also PowerPoint duplicates. Here I select the Power Edit alternative so the file works with M$ Office. Enter the File Name after that click Create A New Document.

Intriguing … waiting on Java to pack grrrrr … likewise … certainly there would be advertisements by Google. I am just attempting to produce a quick examination record!

Hyperlinks are not automatically developed … as a matter of fact it appears that ThinkFree thinks it is a misspelling. So, I click the link icon and also complete the called for web link. Not very structured and quite bulky.

Evidently placing a picture into a file can use up to 30 seconds to connect to your neighborhood folders.

From what I can inform there are the standard editing attributes included with most record editors. At this point the website froze up on me. So I am giving up on this one. Cumbersome and slow-moving Java application … I don’t see much usage for this Office option unless you are actually in a pinch and can not access Google Docs for one reason or another. Probably be best to lug OpenOffice mobile on your flash drive with Portable Apps.

Exit mobile version