How to

How to Make Outlook for Mac Show Pictures by Default

For reasons I can not totally comprehend, I chose to use Outlook on my Mac. That’s when I found that Outlook was making me click “Download Pictures” on every e-mail, which is actually bothersome. Here’s how to make Outlook download the stupid pictures automatically.

The whole reason Outlook doesn’t download images by default is for personal privacy factors– someone can theoretically find your IP address by embedding a hyperlinked image in an e-mail that you open. You ‘d believe that a minimum of Outlook would show photos from people in your contacts list by default, but it does not even do that. It’s simply off, across the board.

Make Outlook for Mac Download Pictures in Emails Automatically

To alter the setting, open up Preferences from the menu bar, and then find the Reading entry. On the Reading page, turn the Security setting for “Automatically download photos from the web” to either “in messages from my contacts”– which is probably a sensible setting– or “in all messages” if you just do not want to ever click the Download Pictures button again.

When you’ve changed the setting, you can instantly see images, like these delicious potato recipes from our good friends at CenterCutCook. If you like food, their newsletter is worth a signup.

Now if I could just determine how to show my iCloud calendar in Outlook.